Thursday, October 11, 2012

This Blog FTW !!!


Internet Lingo. It is a language created by and for the netizens to be able to convey their emotions with a few keystrokes. It started off small and with a purpose, but it has expanded to gargantuan proportions. Big enough for Oxford to consider mass-printing a Lingotionary.


Certain abbreviations though have become so redundant, that people often use them just for the lulz (more on that later), and they actually might mean something slightly different from what it is intended to mean.


So, here is looking at certain commonly used lingos and their actual meanings


LOL – Laugh Out Loud (OR) your joke was not funny. Can also be used to end conversations.

ROFL – Rolling on the floor laughing (OR) Alright, you tried, Full marks for the attempt

LMAO – Laughing my Ass out (OR) That was a decent joke, and I think I smirked

ROFLMAO – Rolling on the floor laughing my Ass out (OR) Good one, my facial muscles had a mini workout.

AFK – Away from Keyboard (OR) I got bored midway into our conversation, and hence did not bother replying OR I am a gamer

OMG – Oh my God (OR) I’ve seen it before, but you posted it, so OMG

<3 – Heart , Love (OR) No, this doesn’t mean I Love you, It just means I am cute. Ok, trying to be cute.

BRB – Be Right Back (OR) Why am I talking to you?

BFF – Best Friends Forever (OR) you are my bestestestest buddy, What would I have done without you in my life … Yea Right !!

TTYL – Talk To You Later (OR) See you next summer, you Idiot.

FTW – For The Win (OR) My Team is better than yours, and We will win (Team can be replaced by your favourite player, favourite song, movie, or absolutely anything else that is YOUR favourite)

ILY – I love you (OR) Actually I don’t, but I don’t want to make you feel bad *smirks*

IMHO – In my humble opinion (OR) YOU ARE WRONG AND YOU ARE AN IDIOT.

K – Okay (OR) I am done talking with you.

MWAH – Kiss (OR) This is the closest you will get to being kissed.

N1 – Nice One (OR) I am trying to be good to you, but don’t post such crap again.

OTP – On the Phone (OR) just another excuse to not talk with you

RT – Retweet (OR) I am a nice guy, I always give reference while copying.

SRSLY – Seriously (OR) I am too cool to type 4 more letters.

TC – Take Care (OR) Good Riddance.

XOXO – Hugs and Kisses (OR) I don’t have anything else to reply, but this is the Internet, I have to look cool

Lulz – Slang for LOL (OR) Seriously,, Even for LOL ?? *facepalm*


So, Next time you get LOLed or OTPed while having a friendly chat, this tutorial might come in handy to know what they are actually emoting. Alright then. GTG.  BFN ppl . Oh, Sorry. That would be, Alright then, Got to Go.  Bye for Now people.


No comments:

Post a Comment